Rick Steves Best of Europe Travel Guide
You Save: $6.00 (20.01%)
Rick Steves - More Savvy. More Surprising. More Fun.
Made up of condensed versions of the most popular chapters from his individual guidebooks on western Europe, Rick's full-color "greatest hits" guide is perfect for the whirlwind Europe trip.
In Rick Steves Best of Europe you'll find in-depth, Rick-tested information on:
- Paris, including Versailles
- Provence: Arles, Avignon, Pont du Gard, Les Baux, Vaison-la-Romaine, Cotes du Rhone Wine Road
- The French Riviera: Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer, Cap Ferrat, Monaco, Antibes
- The Cinque Terre
- The Berner Oberland: Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, Gimmelwald, Murren, and nearby
- Munich, including Dachau Memorial
- Rothenburg and the Romanic Road
- The Rhine Valley: Bacharach, St. Goar, Marksburg Castle, and Burg Eltz
- Self-guided walks and museum tours
- Easy-to-follow color maps
- City-specific advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Transportation: Trains, buses, city transit, and driving
- Handy survival phrases for French, Spanish, Italian, German, and Dutch
- Pre-trip checklist and advice on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
Published: January 2017
If you'll be driving in Europe, take along the Michelin Road Atlas of Europe. It is spiral-bound so it lies flat, and is packed with all the maps and city maps of the major sites in Europe.