Pimsleur Spanish 5 - Latin American - CDs
You Save: $189.75 (55%)
Includes 30 lessons and reading practice on 16 CDs (17 hrs), plus Reading Booklet and User’s Guide.
- 30, 30-minute audio lessons
- 85 minutes of reading instruction in the form of a short story, allowing you to build your skills toward reading Spanish for pleasure.
- in total, over 17 hours of audio, all featuring native speakers
- a Reading Booklet and User’s Guide
What You’ll Learn
Building on skills taught in Spanish Levels 1-4, Spanish Level 5 moves you closer to near fluency, and adds a broad range of conversational skills. The pace and conversation move rapidly, accelerating exposure to new vocabulary and structures, and approaching native speed and comprehension. You’ll learn to speak more in depth about your personal life and experiences, and gain even more proficiency at creating complex sentences, and discussing events in the present, past, and future. You’ll learn to talk about hypothetical situations, and to relate what someone else has said.
Some topics included in Level 5:
- Home life: extended family members, pets, laundry, toiletries; turning off lights, helping with the dishes, asking how someone slept,
- Dining: sharing a bottle of wine, reserving a table by the window, asking about portion size, requesting utensils, tipping, discussing food allergies and vegetarian options,
- Travel situations: lost luggage, an error in a reservation, single and double beds, non-smoking hotels, a noisy room, a room with a view, bus travel, border stops, eco-tourism, sight-seeing, a vacation rental,
- Accidents, illnesses, and unforeseen events: a flat tire, a fall and an injury, a toothache and a dental appointment, an upset stomach, a prescription, spilled wine, broken eyeglasses; dropping or losing a passport or wallet, encountering a strike, reporting something to the police,
- Political and conversational topics: discussing climate change, the environment, recycling, an earthquake, politics, unemployment, mergers, and layoffs,
- Personal and daily life: expressing disappointment; dealing with voicemail; talking about hobbies, the weather and the seasons, sports and national teams, hypothetical situations; discussing retirement; admitting a mistake; expressing opinions and preferences.
Of course, you'll not just need to speak Spanish; you’ll also need to be able to read it. Take your reading to a new level with a 75-minute story broken down into 20 manageable segments.
This course teaches Latin American Spanish.