Pimsleur German 5 CDs
You Save: $189.75 (55%)
Whether you want to travel, communicate with friends or colleagues, reconnect with family, or just understand more of what’s going on in the world around you, learning German will expand your horizons and immeasurably enrich your life.
German Level 5 is designed to be taken after Pimsleur’s German Level 4.
Thirty 30-minute lessons totaling 15 hours of spoken German language learning, plus one hour and 15 minutes of reading practice. German Level 5 builds upon skills taught in Pimsleur’s German Levels 1-4. You’ll be speaking and understanding German with near fluency and with a broad range of conversational skills. In Level 5 the pace and conversation moves quite rapidly, accelerating exposure to new vocabulary and structures, approaching native speed and comprehension. You’ll learn to speak more in-depth about your personal life and emotional state, and be able to create complex sentences using a mix of tenses and moods.
A few of the topics included in German Level 5:
- Travel and leisure: novels and detective stories, modern art, making vacation plans, destinations in Germany and Europe, taking a cruise, traffic jams, car trouble
- Food and drink: restaurants, butcher, grocery shopping, organic food and wine, setting the table
- The environment: weather, climate change
- Communication: staying in touch, downloading, and texting
- Family life and relationships: family traditions, children and grandchildren, step-families, birthdays, retirement, pets, handicapped family members, death, divorce
- Politics: Presidential elections, voting, strikes
After Lesson 30, a short story broken down into 20 manageable segments (over one hour and 15 minutes) is provided for practice reading German.