Pimsleur French 5 CDs
You Save: $189.75 (55%)
Includes 30 lessons and reading instruction on 16 CDs, plus user's guide and reading booklet
Pimsleur French Level 5: A new 30-lesson course designed to be taken after Pimsleur’s French Level 4. Thirty 30-minute lessons totaling 15 hours of spoken French language learning, plus 75 minutes of reading practice, reading and hearing a short story, allowing you to read French for pleasure.
Builds upon skills taught in Pimsleur's French Levels 1-4. You'll be speaking and understanding French with near fluency and with a broad range of conversational skills.
In Level 5 the pace and conversation moves quite rapidly, accelerating exposure to new vocabulary and structures, approaching native speed and comprehension. You’ll learn to speak more in-depth about your personal life and emotional state, and be able to create complex sentences using a mix of tenses and moods.
A few of the topics included in French Level 5:
- Travel and leisure: weather phenomena, geography, temperatures, the environment;
- Home life: real estate, furniture, appliances, clothing and laundry, cleaning, car maintenance, parties and celebrations;
- Family and relationships: getting along, planning a future together, breaking up, boyfriends and girlfriends, reconnecting;
- Body and health: body parts, pain, symptoms and cures, sleeping and waking, bad habits;
- Personal life and emotions: empathy, regret, hope, trust and distrust, sharing, bullying and name-calling, growing older, recognizing and finding happiness.
A Reading Booklet to be used with the audio Reading Lessons and the User’s Guide are included. The User’s guide is also in the audio.